- Carnival Permit Application
Carnival Permit Application
According to City Ordinance, at least 15 days prior to the regular monthly meeting of the City Council, prior to the opening of performance of any carnival, an application shall be filed with the City Clerk. The regular monthly meeting of the City Council is the first Monday of each month.
The application shall provide the following information:
- Name of the owner of the carnival and the name of the operator or manager, if different from the owner;
- The location and address of the principal place of such owner, and of the operator or manager;
- Listing of the last four locations, immediately preceding the date of the application where carnival operations were held;
- The proposed dates and the hours of the operation of the carnival;
- The proposed location of the carnival;
- The number, type or nature, and the size of each carnival game;
- The number and a description of each amusement ride, if any;
- Site plan or diagram drawn to scale showing location of all carnival games, concession booths, and amusement rides and defining the areas for public parking, and the location of all fire lanes, which shall be kept free of obstruction; and
- What provisions are proposed for sanitary facilities for the general public attending the carnival.
Carnival Permit Fee
The required permit fee of $150 shall be paid to the City of Tahlequah at the time the application is submitted for the issuance of a permit. In the event the application for the permit is denied, the City shall retain the permit fee in order to defray the City's administrative costs. All other portions of the permit fee shall be returned to the applicant.
Print the Carnival Permit Application form and deliver it to City Hall, located at 111 S. Cherokee Ave. between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.