- Inspection Permit Application
Inspection Permit Application
The following inspections are required (but not limited to) during construction:
- Building Pads:
- Fill areas for buildings and structures shall be compacted as sub-grade in lifts with a maximum thickness of 8 inches.
- Footings/Setbacks and slabs.
- Retaining walls and basement walls.
- All under slab plumbing or electrical work.
- All framing and bracing:
- You must use anchor bolts to secure bottom plate of exterior walls
- Anchor bolts shall be placed no more than 12 inches from wall ends and corners, and no more than 6 feet apart.
- All sills or plates that rest on concrete must be treated lumber unless separated by an impervious moisture barrier.
- All exterior plates must be treated lumber.
- All rough-in plumbing, electrical wiring, mechanical equipment, duct work, and gas piping. Gas piping will not be inspected until drawing is submitted (see example drawing (PDF)).
- Water lines will require a pressure test of not less than working pressure of the system.
- Gas piping will require a pressure test of 20 psi.
- Any underground piping or wiring.
- Driveways and sidewalks before pouring concrete.
- A final inspection will be done on all electric, plumbing, and mechanical installations.
- No building or structure can be occupied until a letter of occupancy has been issued.
Inspection Permit Application Fees
The fee for an Inspection Permit(PDF) is:
- $30 per inspection within the corporate city limits
- $50 per inspection outside of the corporate city limits
- $60 per reinspection
Print the permit form and deliver it to City Hall, located at 111 S. Cherokee Ave. between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Richard CoffronBuilding InspectorPhone: 918-525-4714
Ashtin HummingbirdCashierPhone: 918-525-4709