Once a Week Cart Service Rules and Regulations
The City of Tahlequah uses a poly cart system for residential garbage collection. Residents will be furnished a 96-gallon plastic cart at no additional cost. The cart is mounted on wheels, balanced so that it is easily moved when full and is not easily blown over during high winds. The carts belong to the address, NOT the renter or home owner.
We appreciate resident’s cooperation with our poly cart system. We believe that by following this system it will be more convenient for both customer and the refuse crew, resulting in savings of tax dollars and reducing the amount of scattered trash in neighborhoods.
- The Solid Waste Department will dump the poly cart and up to three (3) extra bags of leaves or grass, under 35 pounds on the residents regular pick up day. DO NOT set out any additional containers as they WILL NOT be emptied or disposed of.
- We ask that residents roll the cart as close to the curb (within 3 feet) as they can or near the traveled portion of the road. Carts not placed on the curb will not be emptied,
- The cart shall be placed for collection no earlier than noon the day before collection and no later than 5 a.m. the day of collection. If it is left at the curb for an extended period of time, there is a possibility of the cart being stolen or damaged beyond repair. If this occurs, resident will be responsible for the cost of a replacement cart (actual cost plus 10%). Ordinary repairs will be done at no cost to the customer.
If resident needs an additional cart, the Solid Waste will provide it, along with an additional rate of $8.25 per month. The customer can buy their own additional cart with capabilities to be tipped for additional $4.00 per month.
Items Allowed For Pickup
- Any household trash
- Three (3) additional bags that contain leaves or grass
- Boxes - must be broken down or bundled, and must be no heavier than 35 pounds
- Hypodermic needles or any other sharp Medical waste - must be contained in a rigid or semi- rigid sealed container
- Excreta - human or animal (soiled diapers, cat litter, fish tank cleaning, etc. only if in a sealed plastic bag)
Items Not Allowed For Pickup
- Dirt, rocks, wood (including ashes)
- Construction or remodeling debris
- Motor oil
- Fluorescent light bulbs or ballasts
- Liquid hazardous water or liquid paint materials
- Dead animals
- Vehicle batteries